Wednesday, May 16, 2007

More migrants



Here we have a distant Flicker, who wouldn't let me approach close enough to get a good shot. The flickers here have a higher-pitched, and therefore decidedly more wimpy-sounding, call. The Georgia flickers could kick their butts.



This male Downy was down for some pishing- he flew in very close and did some macho hammering.



I have been seeing lots of Pine Warbler families. Check out Junior here, who looks like he's sulking about something. There were two kids and in true siblinig fashion, they were chasing each other and fussing at each other constantly. "You took my bug! I saw it first!" "No I didn't! It was mine!"




Two Redstarts were also flitting around in the pines, a female and an immature male. This is the fourth migrant species I've seen here.

Tonight we're supposed to camp out at Big Cypress National Preserve, where I hope to photograph Red-cockaded Woodpeckers. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: